some help please

pyxis

Ok, my current stand is way to wide and i want to trim it down.

So, i have drawn up a rough tank design for my frag tank, fuge, and a fry tank. the trick i want to do is, enable all the water to flow thru 1 main system. I want to be able to set everything on 1 main plumbing system.

Which is where i need your help on the following:

1 frag tank:

A: is 130w 10k pc's gonna allow me proper lighting for lps, zoa's and sps frags?

B: How do I set the flow? I know sps's need high flow, so how do i design my flow?

C: substraight or pvc and eggcrate? if so how high should i place each?

2. Breeder Tank:

A: I want as little flow as possible, but still be set up with the main system

B: Lighting Needs? will be for True Perc's

C: Filtration, will i need different filtration with it being a breeder tank?

3. Amircle Fuge:

A: is up and currently running, just need to replumb it.

So, Sorry for the long read, but i need massive help here, I want to do this as accurate as possible, but with the current space allowed on the design.

TIA

Maxx

In order.....
A: is 130w 10k pc's gonna allow me proper lighting for lps, zoa's and sps frags?
I think you'll be okay w/ the LPS and Zo's...might be a little on the skimpy side for SPS.....you might be able to get by w/ the less picky SPS, like monti's, but if the plan is to actually propagate the SPS and do anything w/ them in a timely manner, you might want to double your lighting....
B: How do I set the flow? I know sps's need high flow, so how do i design my flow?
Tough call.....your right SPS prefer high flow and LPS dont like it....might have to seperate the two somehow....(in fact, I'm pretty sure you would)
C: substraight or pvc and eggcrate? if so how high should i place each?
I would go w/ the eggcrate and PVC bit......easier to keep clean, and you can put a powerhead under the eggcrate to blow detritus up and out where it can be removed.....
Lighting Needs? will be for True Perc's
They wont need that much light at all, a simple NO flouresent fisture should be more than enough....
C: Filtration, will i need different filtration with it being a breeder tank?
If this is all plumbed into one system, you should already have the filtration you need.....
The only two things I see being a real potential problem w/ your plans are the facts that the 10 gallon is a little small, I would go w/ AT LEAST another 20 gallon for them simply because of the heavy feeding you're going to have to do in order to keep the fry alive, and that having the breeder next to the fuge will make the lighting schedule a little weird for the clowns and non standard.....which will seriously disrupt their breeding patterns, which means they wont......
Also, with this plumbed into the whole system, your young clownfish will most likely wind up being swept into the main tank, or filtered out by the skimmer......this is something that you might almost want to set up seperately.....
Nick

mps9506

It's late right now, I'll add more later, but. Right off the bat from reading the post, I would highly suggest NOT plumbing your breeder tank into the main system. This needs to be seperate from the reef tank and frag system.
I'll add my 2cents on everything else when I get home tomorrow or in the morning before I go to work.
Mike