So, what do you do for a living??

Craig Manoukian

I work for my three children ages 26, 24, and 19! Happily married for almost 27 years!

In a former life I worked construction, did drafting and archtichtural design, owned and operated a 400 acre ranch with my dad, went to college - BS in accounting, worked in public accounting, worked in private accounting, owned commercial and residential real estate, provided scheduling services - Primavera software - for industrial construction projects.

Today I own an equity position in a in internet company that transitions fortune 500 companies to the internet and help people get a piece of the action so they don't have to work 'til they're 65 and can spend more money on their tanks!

Alberto, my brother did his residency at Johns Hopkins in autolaryngotomy. TG we have almost every movie you have worked on. Curt, I'll pray for you buddy in that public accounting thing. Troy, one of my other brothers is a contractor!

Yikes we're almost all related!:eek:

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

Gina

RS STAFF
Alot of cool jobs here! TG! I'm so jealous! I wish I could do that!
Sounds like alot of fun!

wooddood

the wood dude
self employed contractor,i do it all from floor to ceiling.and sometimes under the floor.on top of the roof.lol

Well I don't have cool job like TG.

Transport Refrigeration Technician. Otherwise known as Reefer Tech.

I work on the heating and cooling diesel powered unit on the front of semi-trailers, box trucks, and some vans.

I also play car mechanic sometimes on the weekends.

Dracunculus

OK...just got to this thread. Lots of interesting jobs here. Tankgirl, as a lifetime lover of cartoons and everything that has to do with them, I think you have the most enviable job of the bunch :D My kids love the Disney movies (especially my daughter, who to mine and my wife's chagrins, is eternally in debt to whichever marketing genius came up with the idea for the Disney Princess line of merchandise) as well as many of the other cartoons you have worked on.

dgasmd - any chance on sending some spare Propofol my way...would help in calming my kids down when I tell them they can't watch the TV ;)

Time to tell what I do to support my reef fix. I am a surgical pathologist at George Washington University Hospital in DC. I basically spend my day in the laboratory looking through the microscope at slides of tissues removed from people during surgery or other medical procedures. I then write diagnostic reports, which the clinicians read (presumably) and then decide how to further treat the patients. Since I am at an academic institution, I also teach in the medical school (was recently made assistant course director for the pathology course) and publish articles on occasion. One of these days I will get around to bringing some tank water into work and photographing the things which we can't see without magnification.

I am happily married for 12 years and have two sons and a daughter (9, 7, and nearly 5).

RanRoc

I'm a Licensed Psychotherapist. I do some private practice work a couple of days a week. I'm also back in school again hoping to go into nursing. Oh, and I have no student loans. :)
-RY

Willmsbrg

Hmm, well here goes..

I'm a Utilization Management Database Analyst for BlueShield in Harrisburg, Pa.

It pays the bills.... :rolleyes:

Hooked

Great thread. What a diverse group. I wanna be like Tankgirl :bouncer: , but instead I'm a commercial real estate appraiser. I spend my days doing research, financial analysis and writing really long reports. When I'm drifting off because I'm boring myself to death, I log on and read a few posts on RS to wake me up :D

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Originally posted by tankgirl
Fun thread! All these jobs are so interesting.
I'm an animator and also teach 3D animation. I was a traditional artist for a long time, but always liked computer animation and switched when it got very hot. I also have a BS in geophysics (absurd but true). Half my career was spent either storyboarding or in layout (backround & scene design). I worked on Lion King, Mulan, Hunchback, Tarzan, Osmosis Jones, Fern Gully, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Scooby Doo, He-man, Bugs Bunny, Charlotte's Web, and about a zillion other cartoons. So, I guess I'm responsible for rotting all your kids minds. :rolleyes:
Sorry.

Found ya!
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0918346/

tankgirl

Hi Tom, I teach at StudioArts - only teaches industry pros - basically Maya for artdirectors/ animators/ set designers. They have a sister technical school that's open to non-industry people called Friedman3D, but I don't teach there. So Cool that you teach 3D, too!!!

Thanks all! Since I started when I was only 17 and since 90% of all the people I know are also animators, it doesn't seem like an unusual job to me. I don't work full-time in the studios anymore, but I freelance for them. Working at home so I can watch my tank - :D Now that's sweet.

I did take a year off once and did real estate! I was so jealous of all those cool business people with briefcases and smart clothes. I was horrible - made $1200 for the entire year. :rolleyes: But, I had the Greatest time being a cool business person, clicking around in high heels. I also drove an ice cream truck one summer, and worked at a ski resort for two winters (I made less than I would have on unemployment - but got to ski for free so it was definitely worth it).

All of your jobs are very cool and interesting to me! It's not like I'm a famous producer like Mike Moyes, or a surgeon or financial enterpreneur or help the disabled or other important things that actually contribute something to society.

Teri, I forgot to mention - what you do here on RS makes you the greatest, most wonderful person on earth to us!!!

Lucky, hah! You're a great researcher to find that. Funny, I don't remember working on the Smurfs - must have blocked it out.

Last edited:

mnreefman

well i was a sucessful car salesman for 5 1/2 years up till mid last year, but i am now a full time student and i sell snowboards and downhill skis at joes in st paul mn. took a huge paycut in doing so but i love my life now. after nearly losing it in a dwi, i enjoy it so much more.

Tasslehoff

Senior Technical Business Analyst (MIS) at Brother's National Distribution Center.

And Reserve Lieutenant with the Sheriff's Emergency Services Division.

Tass

blue_eyes53813

I am a licensed daycare provider. Been doing it for 7 years and watch way way way to many kids. I get to stay at home though so that is a plus.

RogueCorps

Geez... how many days old is this loooooooong thread?

Freelance industrial designer working mostly in the toy business, consumer electronics, some sporting goods and furniture design. I occasionally teach product and toy design, drawing and human factors at a local design school.

BoomerD, you need to hang an RS banner from your crane so I can see where you're working when I cross the bridge. :)

-R :)

Pakmule

I know I contribute a bunch of information to the threads but this thread is really cool.
It amazes me on how diversified this great country of ours really is.
I myself am a Tool and Die maker have been for almost 30 years. I have built the molds and tooling for the styrofoam Big Mac trays to Este Lauder perfumes as well as tooling for US surgical.
Right now I hope to become employed by a company to run the wire edm machines on the second shift ( more time during the day to play with my tank):D

Gina

RS STAFF
Dracunculus,
We use Propofol for C-sections on dogs. Haven't tried it on any kids though! Hum.........

Just Kidding...In case anyone thought I was serious!

zy112

Freshman in college, majoring in mechanical engineering. school suck but will be worth it when i graduate.