Skimmer Stopped Skimming

I've been running my new Aqua C Remora for a couple months now. At first I would have to empty the collection cup every few days and then it was every week. Then shortly after slowly but surely it stopped foaming up into the collection cup. I've cleaned the foam tower and the collection cup like it says in the manual. I don't have any animals in my tank right now so does this mean my tank is so clean that it basically stopped skimming??

DaveK

Did you clean the air/water injector?

There is a nylon screw plug in the skimmer's intake line. It's located under the collection cup, and should be visible when you remove the collection cup.

To clean, remove the plug, and carefully clean the injector area inside. Then replace the plug.

Also, did you clean the pump?

Often the pump can pick up hair algae and other similar material. This causes the pump to produce a lower flow. Remove the pump, take it apart, and clean inside, especially the impeller and shaft.

Lastly, if the skimmer has removed most of the waste products, it may not produce much skimmate. Do check to see that you are still getting the same amount og bubbles in the skimmer even if your not collecting anything.

r2d2

If you are going to clean injector just be very carefull about not to drop that plastic screw or you will have to completely drain your skimmer to get it.
Greetings

Ok, woke up today to find a 1/4 inch of skimmate in my collection cup. Very weird... I'm going to clean the pump and the injector area anyways since I have not cleaned either since I've had it running. Thanks for the help guys!!