Skimmer question

Saltygal

Hey guys, I have a 130D which has been up and running for going on 3 months now. I have been consistant with my water changes 10% each week. I have 24 pounds of live rock, and a clown, a cardinal and a small yellow tang. My question is this, after my last water change which was a little more than 10%, my skimmer does not seem to be skimming at all. I have the air valve open all the way and barely get any bubbles in my collection cup. Is it because the system is pretty clean? I am confident there is not any type of blockage...should I be worried?

PJLague

Hi
I have had the same problem,mine has been running for about the same time.and i have had none from mine,and it is very noisy,i am changing to the tunze 9002,i have had big tanks with 2 big deltec 4ft skimmers on,and i would get about i pint a week,and my water was rearly good,so unless my water is so good that i am not getting any,but you will allways get it even when the water is perfect,so the skimmer is not doing its job,i change 5 gallons every week,and now i am starting to get a bit of cyano on the substrate,and thats not right,i have plenty of flow,i have a votech mp20,and i put it down to no skimming taking place,so that skimmer is going.i have tried everything and still no skimming,i have had marine tanks for over 35 years and all my skimmers worked,i cant believe that this one does not.
Peter