Skimmer Problems - Video Attach - Opinions Needed

Soupylou

Hi Guys

I have Red Sea Max 130D which recently I upgraded the stock skimmer to the Tunze 9002 Nano DOC Skimmer with the intank media basket and its done no wet skim or any form of skimming since it's been in there.

What am I doing wrong? The Water level in the back chamber rests against the recommended water level mark on the Skimmer but its doing Nada.

I am tempted to put my stock skimmer back in, as it used to do fair bit of wet skim but was pretty loud, hence why I upgraded.

Any Ideas?

[video=youtube_share;eFF9PtBlWBw]http://youtu.be/eFF9PtBlWBw[/video]

Apologises for the bad video but its uncut and pretty raw :)

Apparently they can have a longer breaking in period due to the solvents evaporating from the plastic body......straight from Tunze, that little gem of info.

Just keep tinkering and waiting. There won't be any bad reviews on the product, that is for sure.

Steve L

Are there any bubbles in the chamber at all? It sounds like an air flow problem and the pinwheel isn't producing any foam. That slurping noise I hear on your video sounds like the pump needs to be primed. Maybe pinch off the air line until the pump gets primed?

reefguy

Are there any bubbles in the chamber at all? It sounds like an air flow problem and the pinwheel isn't producing any foam. That slurping noise I hear on your video sounds like the pump needs to be primed. Maybe pinch off the air line until the pump gets primed?

That was the exact thing I was thinking of. I am sure if you look you are not getting the real tiny bubbles you need to skim. In two weeks your skimmer should at least be broken in by then. That is my thoughts.