Skimmer options

woolfe

Hello all,

I have a question. We have a 200 + gallon system at the LFS where I work. The sump area isn't high enough to install a good skimmer. Are there any good skimmers we could use without a sump setup for it to sit in? I'm thinking there must be, but I don't know what to search for. Even if I did, I'm not sure what ones are better then others, etc... Any help on this will be most appriciated.

Wendy

vdituri

Look for hang on skimmers, but at 200gallons, that probably isn't a possibility.
You would most likely need a sump to house a skimmer.

woolfe

Has anyone had any experience with something like this?

Attachments

• skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 47

michael_cb_125

One of my favorite skimmers out there is the Tunze DOC Skimmer.

I have used one on Megan's Tank, and I am about to put one on my 150 gallon tank. These are in-tank or in-sump models and perform amazingly well.

Plus, they have models rated to 528 gallons.

This is what I am putting on my 150 gallon, and it would work very well for your system as well.

Tunze DOC Protein Skimmer 9010

~michael

petarst

Hi,
you can go for ATB external conical skimmer. ATB and BUBBLE KING are the best skimmers on the market.

BR / Petar

Hello all,

I have a question. We have a 200 + gallon system at the LFS where I work. The sump area isn't high enough to install a good skimmer. Are there any good skimmers we could use without a sump setup for it to sit in? I'm thinking there must be, but I don't know what to search for. Even if I did, I'm not sure what ones are better then others, etc... Any help on this will be most appriciated.

Wendy

rmlevasseur

I just purchased the SWC askoll cone. Basically same design as ATB and much cheaper. It can be run externally and in recirc or single pass. I am giddy with mine. Marine Solutions sells them.