silver foxface?

sambrinar

I know they need a big tank, bigger than 60 gals I believe.. as a matter of fact everyone I have ever seen needed 70+ gals.. they get big, that one you have posted it 9 1/2 inches.

How big is your tank?

Here is a bump for you :bump:

Phreek

thanks sambrinar,and i dont have a tank right now,i am secretly working on something so i cant reall tell ya the size,i know they r big,i just need to know behavior,aggression,swimming level etc.i prefer people with experience rather than a website sellin the thing to tell me about it ya know?

sambrinar

Gotcha.. I have never had one, but lot's have hopefully someone will chime in!! (ps i saw you ping pong ball thread)

Phreek

lol no i didnt mean u cant comment cuz u havnt had one,i meant i want information other than what that website is giving me.

sambrinar

lol no i didnt mean u cant comment cuz u havnt had one,i meant i want information other than what that website is giving me.

I know I know,, but I'm not as good at making stuff up like Al is (JK Al :D) I don't wanna give wrong info

Phreek

did u have it around any corals?how did it behave?what level of the tank do they swim at? aggressive towards other fish?

Jeremy0322

Scott has one in his 90 and from what I hear it is a great fish, not too aggressive and doesnt pick on corals, but thats just what i remember hearing.

Varga

My Foxface ate all the algae in the tank and once finished, he ate all the Zoas! cleared rocks covered in hundreds of polyps in a couple of days!! I'll never get another foxface.

michael_cb_125

Foxfaces/Rabbitfish are just like angels when it comes to reef safeness. Some are model reef citizens, while others love to eat corals.

~Michael

mps9506

They have big poops also... Seriously...
I doubt I will get another one again for a reef system, maybe for a fish only system, but not a reef... Those huge poops bothered me...

Phreek

are they all the same or do they tend to be different like angels? I know reefmack has one in his RSM.Maybe he can stop by and tell me,oh and what about these guys,gorgeous huh Siganus tetrazonus