Sick foxface please help!

jfenton954

I got a foxface rabbit fish about 6 weeks ago and have it in a 29 gallon quarantine tank ever since I got him. I keep the salinity at 1.015 to help kill any saltwater diseases. But I noticed that his tail fin keeps deteriorating slowly so I thought he had fin rot, his fins are slightly red on the edges like their irritated. I've been treating the tank with Maracyn Oxy but that doesn't seem to be working. He still is eating great!! Please let me know if you've seen this thanks.
a6ysydy4.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well I'm not sure you're doing anything good by keeping the salinity at 1.015. Hypo would need to be at 1.009 consistently to be effective. What are you measuring the salinity with and how are you doing water changes? Trying to see how your water quality is.

What are you feeding him? Are you using fats and vitamins to enrich it like Zoe and selcon?

Can you get a closer picture of the fish? From your description it sounds like it could be a bacteria infection.

jfenton954

Feeding him a mixture of frozen variety and dry seaweed. With selcon. I do a 50% water change every 2 weeks.