Sick clown help

Miltonic

Well a couple of days ago my picasso clown that I got from Doni decided to host my torch after months without even looking at it. After that I noticed that the clown had some damage on its skin and fin which I believe to be stings from the coral. Fast forward to today I also noticed that clown has a bloated belly and white stringy poop along a discolored area on his side that looks fuzzy where I noticed the coral sting at first. It's still acting and eating normally I will be setting up my qt tank for him hopefully tonight but I need to know what to treat it with first before I decide to stress him out and move it there. I feed it mysis shrimp that is soaked with zoe, zoecon and garlic extreme, I have not added any fish recently or anything, im not understanding where all this problems are coming from all of a sudden and I would really hate to loose this fish so please someone help. I will try to get some pics later.

wm23oh

Have you asked Lee her opinion?

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/members/leebca.html

In the meantime it sounds like the fish may have a fungus infection (fuzzy area) and may need an antibiotic for the stringy poo (normally a sign of infection). I do NOT recommend treating in the main tank as any meds may cause a cycle and kill many things off making things worse. Getting your QT tank up and running ASAP should be your first course of action and seeding it with some of the water from your main tank and your current filter would be best.

I only have knowledge of freshwater antibiotics so hopefully Lee or someone else will come to the rescue here.

James

Miltonic

The fuzzyness in the area is gone now and its only discolored but im still worried because of the poop from earlier, I will keep a close eye on it for now.

Edit: I read the stickies now that I have the time at it seems the the clown has Hyper-Melaninization from the Torch.

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
The fuzzyness in the area is gone now and its only discolored but im still worried because of the poop from earlier, I will keep a close eye on it for now.

Edit: I read the stickies now that I have the time at it seems the the clown has Hyper-Melaninization from the Torch.

this is the black dots not the fuzzyness you speak of. Your fish may as well have a bacterial infection and for precautions i would treat with furan 2 and feed metronidazole flake food

Miltonic

looks like im going to have to treat with maracyn 2 since the fish is showing signs of pop eye now. it seems to be getting worse and worse and the bad thing that im not free to go get meds until wednesday.

Miltonic

I know pics would really help but this fish does not stop moving and hates the camera so yeah it really hard to get a good shot.

Hmm I cant believe all this was caused by hosting the Torch.