Show your t5 bulb combinations

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Good solid combo, got a pic??

here mine... but remember my disclaimer in post number 3 :rolleyes:
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/equipment/78670-show-your-t5-bulb-combinations.html#post1091271

IMG_1530z.jpg

Doogle

Ya that looks good! How's that ATI purple? I always here about the kz Fiji purple I'm sure they are close. It really makes the reds pop right? Because your clowns look so bright. Love it. I've always had daylight and pink( power glow or pink plant bulbs ) together on my freshwater tanks and it really helps pop the colors on the fish.

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
I don't think the kz Fiji is anything to write home about. It's a nice bulb but at that cost it better be

Doogle

Everybody has different tastes. Fiji purple has very high par and is not supposed to be used alone but in a combo to bring out a better color rendition. It also matters where you place it in the fixture. A lot of people say they will never have a combo without one. But everyone is different.
Hard to get the best out of 4 bulbs...
I'm gonna try

-Back
Kz Fiji purple
ATI blue plus will get UVL super actinic so I can make a darker blue combo too.
Ge daylight will get ATI aqua blue special too if I don't like it.
Ati blue plus
-front

will be able to do glenn's combo and use the actinic and daylight on the softy tank along with a daylight and pink bulb that I already have. I think that will be pretty good.
It's gonna be fun a soon as my new fixture gets here!

Tokalosh

I went with the following....

Order of instillation, from front to back:

Coral Plus
ATI 12000K Aquablue Special
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Purple Plus
ATI 12000K Aquablue Special
Coral Plus

WOW!

IMG_1868.jpg

Before

IMG_1863.jpg

After

IMG_1866.jpg

Hope this helps and sorry to hear about your pooch.

Tok

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
When I re-order... I am going to try one of the new ATI Coral Plus bulbs

ATI Coral Plus T5 tube is a blueish lamp with a little PAR bump

The ATI Coral Plus is the first new T5 lamp to come out in a really long time. The Coral Plus lamp from ATI was made to be a white lamp with a blueish look while still retaining some peaks of red and green to keep a respectable amount of PAR. In ATI’s own word the Coral Plus T5 is designed to be a basic standalone bulb which can stimulate ample coral growth on its own without having to be supplemented. It seems like every reefer and their mother is jumping on the LED train these days but let’s not forget that fluorescent lighting technology is still pretty darn efficient and it emits wavelengths of light including UV which are prohibitively expensive to get with LEDs. [ATI]

Doogle

Tokalosh that is a sweet combo, do you have a aquactinics fixture? I've been looking around for a substitute for the ATI aqua blue special and think the coral plus and kz new generation have what I'm looking for, they are relatively new bulbs think. Just look at the chromis in the second pic - they are much brighter looking!

Thanks about my poor rottie, it was a rough day yesterday...

Doesnt t5 have a much fuller spread on the sanded unlike single point light sources. I don't have facts to back that up but it seems like you get better par for a longer spread than most others.