Show us your prop/frag tanks!

proud2bcanadian

I'm thinking of starting a 6' long x 2' wide x 1' high SPS frag tank.
Anyone have any pictures of theirs (it doesn't have to be SPS)?

Thank you,

forestal

well, not sure if this counts, but when filled and cycled will be used for frags...
I am almost done with the plumbing for my new 120 starfire cube, then will add sand and live rock to the 2 50 gallon tubs for regugia/grow out tanks...

I realize the lights and all are messy, but err, oh well, function is more important than looks :)

sumps.jpg

mps9506

cool, what kind of containers are those? Don't look like the typical rubbermaid stock tanks.

forestal

agricultural type, got off the net for 50 each...don't have any local agway with rubbermaids, and these are nice and narrow

forestal

Thanks Craig...diy (by another reefer) old setup i got for cheap...3 175 MH, 2 72"actinic vho's...old bulbs, but they will do for now until the system is up and running several months :)

Jen, amazing tank...is that plywood? i have built a few as well..i also would love to know the details :)

Jendub

It is a 2'x4' by 10" deep. It's made out of 1/2" plywood coated in two part marine opoxy paint. It has dual 1" overflows, it is currently running a quite one 4000 as a return, which gives about 700 gph at this hieght. The lights are 4X55 watt pc 50/50. I had two of this guys hooked up side by side, but I took one down. You should have seen it, from the outside it looked like space ships were landing in my kitchen.

Jendub said:
here is my prop tank, believe it or not, this baby is in my dining room.
1386P1070604_Custom_.JPG
[/IMG]

Looks like a buffet at a seaford restaraunt. Very nice!!! I am setting up a big prop. system right now to grow out some sps and sweet zoos, hope mine turns out as well. :thumbup:

Did you elevate your corals off the bottom with eggcrate and pvc?

Craig Manoukian

Thanks for the info. Jen. LPS do well under those PCs, eh? Do you have MHs on your display and if so any trouble transitioning?

Jendub

Yah, I have pc in the prop tank and mh in the show tank. When I frag my mother colonies and put them in the prop tanks, the transition is pretty smooth, sometimes the color changes slightly.

davejnz

sweet setup Jendub,My new frag tank(40 breeder) is getting setup this month so i'll have to wait to show mine.

cward43062

Here is my 60g GEO frag tank. I am using 2-175w Ushio 10k's for my lighting, and the flow is about 1800-2000gph.

83Equipment_Room_1-5-05_005-med.jpg