Should Formalin baths be done to every new fish added to a tank or just clowns?

I want to make sure I am doing everything right from now on and was wondering if a formalin bath should be done on every new fish being added to a DT or just anemone fish?

Thanks!

leebca

Just Anemonefish. However I would investigate a bit before deciding to not treat tank bred fish. It is fine to skip their treatment IF they have never come into contact with wild caught or untreated Anemonefishes.

Often, an LFS receives tank bred Anemonefish and then proceeds to put them into a community of wild-caught Anemonefish or connect these fish to their store water system. I would also treat these tank bred fish.

I've found these tank bred fish to contract Brook in a larger percentage than wild caught fish, when they come into contact with carriers of the disease for the first time in their life.

The other concern with tank bred Anemonefish is if their parents were wild caught and never treated. Nothing says the young fish didn't have exposure.

So it depends on whether or not their parents were treated, and how the young are being handled, as to whether or not I recommend treating tank bred Anemonefishes.

:)