sexy shrimp and zoos?

harleychic

Been reading on another site where sexys will sometimes eat zoos, others say it is only sexys eating dead or dying zoos,... it's so confusing. :drool: Trying to decide what to do with my pico, anybody have exp with both of these?
Thanks!

InLimbo87

I've heard the same, but have no experience. My guess is that its hit and miss.

Curious to hear others' opinions of them because they make really cool pico/nano inhabitants imo...

mps9506

No exp. here. I would guess that if they did take down the occasional zoo, they wouldn't eat them fast enough to do major damage to the entire colony... But then again, I've never kept em, so I should keep my mouth shut :)

saltwaterfarm

I have a 3 gal pico with Sexys, Zoas, Shrooms, and Ricordea. They've been there since November-ish. Have had no problems... they're all still there. My theory is if you feed the shrimp good food (they like meaty foods in addition to other things) why would they want to eat Zoas??? Just my experience... They are very entertaining... go for it. Just put a couple polyps in there first if you need "peace of mind".

R.yumaDaddy?

Never would have imagined this. Also no probs after 6 months with the shrimp. I wouldnt worry about it. They cant eat that much, I think.