sexing clams?

Hi guys, I have a dumb question. Can you sex a clam? I just got 1 and it's beautiful! Well, stupid as it sounds, I love it so much i want to name it, something pretty, like Marabella or Lillian. IDK, well my hubbie is convinced that it's a male and wants to name it Frank. Why the hell would you name a clam frank? (but then again, why the hell would you name a clam) LOL! so any help would be great!

yvr

As far as I know external sexual dimorphism is rare in Tridacna clams and most other bivalves.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hi guys, I have a dumb question. Can you sex a clam? I just got 1 and it's beautiful! Well, stupid as it sounds, I love it so much i want to name it, something pretty, like Marabella or Lillian. IDK, well my hubbie is convinced that it's a male and wants to name it Frank. Why the hell would you name a clam frank? (but then again, why the hell would you name a clam) LOL! so any help would be great!
Here is some info on clam sex for you. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/front-page-news/47340-how-do-clams-reproduce.html
Personally, I take offense! I think Frank is a perfect name for a clam ;)