HELP! Setting up Reefer ATO

Brien

I setup a new Reefer 350 yesterday. All seems to be working but I'm not sure I have the ATO setup properly.

21855937768_b68cfe3636_c.jpg

The top of the blue tape is the 6" mark for the return pump chamber. After dialing in my water flow I topped it off to maintain that height. However, today due to evaporation it went about halfway down the tape mark. I assumed the ATO would have maintained that same level but apparently not. So I topped off that chamber again with saltwater and would like to get my ATO setup properly.

21421085894_37c6ebefcf_c.jpg

The valve is open about 1/2 turn. I see water collecting on the top of the triangle where the connection is but don't see any water going into the reservoir. I haven't touched the float assembly.

Hopefully someone can help guide me to setting this up properly. Thanks!

pablomay28

I setup a new Reefer 350 yesterday. All seems to be working but I'm not sure I have the ATO setup properly.

21855937768_b68cfe3636_c.jpg

The top of the blue tape is the 6" mark for the return pump chamber. After dialing in my water flow I topped it off to maintain that height. However, today due to evaporation it went about halfway down the tape mark. I assumed the ATO would have maintained that same level but apparently not. So I topped off that chamber again with saltwater and would like to get my ATO setup properly.

21421085894_37c6ebefcf_c.jpg

The valve is open about 1/2 turn. I see water collecting on the top of the triangle where the connection is but don't see any water going into the reservoir. I haven't touched the float assembly.

Hopefully someone can help guide me to setting this up properly. Thanks!
I have the valve backed all the way ant the ato has been working perfect for me

Brien

Where is the ATO water supposed to come from? All I can see is the triangle get filled with water and then drip off into the return pump chamber. Is that normal or a leak? Also, at what point does the float allow water to flow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pablomay28

Where is the ATO water supposed to come from? All I can see is the triangle get filled with water and then drip off into the return pump chamber. Is that normal or a leak? Also, at what point does the float allow water to flow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When the float drops the valve opens and you should see the water dripping from the bottom

Brien

Ok, so the top of the triangle should not be where the water is coming from? It appears I have some sort of leak then.

I'll let the water go down and then look for the dripping. Did you have to adjust the float from the factory default? Do I want it to start dripping when the water level hits the top of my pump? Thanks.

pablomay28

Fortunately i did not have to adjust tge float side. I did turn the valve all the way out then back until the valve knob could not be pulled out

Ok, so the top of the triangle should not be where the water is coming from? It appears I have some sort of leak then.

I'll let the water go down and then look for the dripping. Did you have to adjust the float from the factory default? Do I want it to start dripping when the water level hits the top of my pump? Thanks.
I've seen that triangle part of mine with some water before, but perhaps that was a spill so didn't really pay attention to it. It could be a leak from the part the tube is connected to the reservoir. Have not seen it since.

Yes the part water drips is from where Pablo showed. I turned it all the way open (counter clockwise) then adjusted depending on how fast I wanted the water to drip.

Mine you I've only set up my Reefer 170 for less than a week, but what I've noticed was if the water level in sump drops to a certain level the same would apply to that level of the overflow, and that's when some adjustments have to be done on the valve so I don't have any noise from the overflow.

Could be just me, I could be wrong... Still a trial and error stage for me learning how the reefer works... And very much still a noob lol [emoji1]

Sent from my Xperia Z3

Brien

I tightened-up the nylon nut where the tube connects to the float and that stopped the leak on top. Now when I press down on the float I see water dripping from underneath. So I'll just monitor levels and make the necessary adjustments.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Folks, if the drip rate is set correctly ( 1 to 2 drips a second) it is quite difficult to see the water dripping into the chamber, there is no set level as such in this chamber, it is simply ensuring you can cover the pump, if its meant to be totally submersible then it has to be, pumps that can dry run (as in only having to cover the suction inlet) so long as the inlet is covered and doesn't create a vortex sucking in air then it's fine.

Folks, if the drip rate is set correctly ( 1 to 2 drips a second) it is quite difficult to see the water dripping into the chamber, there is no set level as such in this chamber, it is simply ensuring you can cover the pump, if its meant to be totally submersible then it has to be, pumps that can dry run (as in only having to cover the suction inlet) so long as the inlet is covered and doesn't create a vortex sucking in air then it's fine.
Glad to have your feedback on this and make things clear [emoji106]

So the correct drip rate should be 1-2 drops per sec, or it doesn't really matter at all as long as it drips?

Cheers.

Sent from my Xperia Z3