Setting up a Mantis Tank?

djrufio

Hey guys,

After getting a 12g nano up and running for my girlfriend I have decided I want a tank of my own. So basically I have been doing a lot of reading up on Mantis shrimp and I've decided to set up a small species only pico tank for one of these guys. I need some advice on possible species selection and equipment needed.

Basically I want to keep as large a mantis as I can in the tank mentioned below. A Peacock or Gonodactylaceus ternatensis would be my first two choices, but I would like to hear what would work best in the space I give it. Also, I want to keep some softies and other corals that I'll probably frag from my gf's tank as well.

As far as tank, I found a guy on ebay who makes custom acrylic pico tanks. The acyrlic he uses is 1/4" thick, but he said he could custom build one for me with 1/2" acyrlic. What would I need to add to this setup to get it up and running for a mantis (besides, sand, lr, water, and mantis)

Ebay ad:
(PICO ALL IN ONE AQUARIUM (12X14X8.75) 6.5GALLONS!!! - eBay (item 190321250906 end time Oct-11-09 00:58:41 PDT))

please help!

Jeremy0322

Do a search on here for similar setups, I know BOB had a Mantis tank, dont know how it was setup, but there was a build thread about it.