Setting up 20 gallon long

untilthen

trust me frags are on the way... they are everywhere!!!!

DSC02542.jpg

DSC02541.jpg

DSC02540.jpg

DSC02539.jpg

DSC02538.jpg

lcstorc

Not sure about the orange coral. It is some type of gorgonain.
Not sure I can call anything "normal" xenia since there are so many types. I think I am up to 4 varities in my tanks and I have seen many more.

untilthen

well i did some moving around and aquired some new things... first off is a new green galaxia frag... next is a green purp maze brain... yellow finger gorgonian... and lastly is a rare mettalic green zoas... i have never seen anyone with these kinda zoas(but no pic lol) ill get a pic of em later when they open

101_0750.jpg

101_0749.jpg

101_0762.jpg

101_0761.jpg

101_0758.jpg

101_0756.jpg

untilthen

everything seems to b growing great... only problem is my lunar palys are starting to bleach and turn white in middle... its tuff havin such strong lighting.... but i did just get some purple death paly... Red People Eater...and a new mohawk zoa... ill get pics up later

untilthen

thx guys... heres the purple deaths

101_0848.jpg

theres a guy that lives a hour away that hooks me up wit every kind of zoa i need... even gives em at discounted prices... says its about spreading the wealth lol

heres a pink birdsnest he threw in for me drivin all the way out

101_0851.jpg

more pics on way

jglas26

Yeah, It's looking great! I remember earlier in the post you said that you weren't "dosing" and trying to keep everything as natural as possible...

What kind of maintence routine are you running for the system?

untilthen

reef crystals salt... and a water change every week... im also runnin a skimmer, a aqua clear 30... and i bout a gutted a misc filter and put in these nice filter pads from the lfs... i recently got rid of all my cyano wit my algae scrubber i made from plans off of the thread on here... only problem is that i didnt realize the scrubber was so close to the window that the water was chilling and being put all over my zoas... so i am havin problems wit em right now. All the zoas have been happy now since i turned it off except my pinks... I have also been using Rods Coral Food... Everything loves it

here are my Red People Eaters along with my Mohawks... if u look close on the Mohawks they are Pink rimmed wit a purple center thats speckled with pink spots... pretty cool

101_0879.jpg

101_0874.jpg

Heres my algae scrubber
101_0840.jpg

101_0841.jpg

101_0842.jpg

101_0844.jpg

101_0846.jpg

Emg

That galaxia looks to me like hammer coral. This is a pic of galaxia, and it wouldn't be good to have in a 20long unless it's the only coral in there. It's very aggressive and has very long sweeper tenticles. Hammer coral are fine, they can be aggressive, but not as bad as galaxia !

Galaxia
galaxia.jpg

I believe the "blue xenia" you have might be anthelia. Here's a pic of some that I have in my 50
DSC04509--400-web.jpg

Very nice looking tank BTW ! Nice and clean !

untilthen

lol yeah wat ur lookin at isnt my galaxia...or even a hammer... next to the zoos is a big aiptasia... i havent had a pic of my galaxia lately... thx for the reminder... but its just a tiny frag and when it gets bigger it will b sold off for more zoos...and yeah i thought my blu was a xenia but ur right its not... but next to my blue anthelia is a pulsing xenia... so i got em right this time : )

thx for the info...

and comments everyone very much appreciated