Server Issue

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Travis,
I received the following error message several times a few minutes ago. Also, prior to it, RS was VERY slow.
Just wanted you to know.

X

Network Access Message: The page cannot be displayed

Explanation: The request timed out before the page could be retrieved.

Try the following:
  • Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
  • Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
  • Contact website: You may want to contact the website administrator to make sure the Web page still exists. You can do this by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the website home page.
If you are still not able to view the requested page, try contacting your administrator or Helpdesk.

Technical Information (for support personnel)
  • Error Code 10060: Connection timeout
  • Background: The gateway could not receive a timely response from the website you are trying to access. This might indicate that the network is congested, or that the website is experiencing technical difficulties.
  • Date: 2/7/2007 4:17:44 PM

ReefLady

Staff member
Looks like our server was being upgraded recently. Hopefully this is resolved... if not, let me know. You can always send an email to travis (at) reefsanctuary.com

Thx

T

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Loading pages, PM'ing, and just browsing on RS seem VERY, VERY, VERY slow to me.

Is anyone else having this problem??

lcstorc

A little bit, but I though it was my computer. Maybe not if you are finding the same thing.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
When I think it is my laptop, I open another window and surf another site. It is not my laptop.

BTW... it is still slow but has sped up a tad now.

ReefLady

Staff member
Hmmm... I don't like the sound of that. Can you guys please do me a favor and look at the bottom of a page when things are loading slowly? Copy and paste the below info in this thread:

Page generated in 0.35772 seconds with 16 queries [Server Loads: 0.30 0.53 : 0.66]

I'm simply not seeing any server load issues so I'm not sure what would be causing the slowness - ???

Woodstock

RS STAFF
It has sped up now but I will start copying/pasting that info here for you.

Page generated in 0.35901 seconds with 16 queries

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Page generated in 0.84095 seconds with 17 queries Page generated in 1.15254 seconds with 14 queries It is slowing down again :(

ReefLady

Staff member
You're right, only I can see those numbers... I'll see if I can modify the hack.

Wand time!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Strange..

Travis,

I have gotten this strange page a few times so I took the time to record it.

Normal RS Homepage
normalpage.jpg

STRANGE RS homepage
strangepage.jpg

ReefLady

Staff member
That's the CSS (stylesheet) failing to load. I made a performance improvement to the board that could be causing this issue.

Has it been happening since yesterday, before yesterday, or both?

saltwaterfarm

This isn't the same error, but since you're checking in Travis...

Got this going to new posts...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_header() in /home/reefsanc/public_html/search.php on line 1

And, from the Home Page to subscribed threads I got a message saying the link no longer existed... Say it isn't so.... Please.
BTW, tried to get it to do it from this thread (so I could paste it) and didn't get the error...

/subscription.php no longer exists. Sorry! I know it's a bummer. It did it again from the home page...

Last edited: