Serpent Star Sea Monster

jimeluiz

After lights out last night "Bridget" our serpent star came out for a walk about. She has grown into a huge critter. I guess she is getting enough food... but should I worry about keeping her well fed?

Here are a few shots.

BoomerD

NICE!! I feed my serpent and brittle stars pieces of shrimp and silversides once or twice per week, when I feed my anemones.
If I don't, they will try to take the food from the anemone, and I try not to let that happen. The serpent will come and take food out of my hand, but not the brittle...have to feed the tentacles(that's all I ever see) on a stick. I wouldn't expect the serpent to start catching fish for food, although it wouldn't be totally unheard of. Usually only the green brittle, but...

IshWish

I have a large red serpent star that I have had for 2.5yrs. I usually feed mine a small piece of silverside when I am feeding my anemones.

I mainly feed him because it is fun to watch. I'm not sure if he needs this extra food or not. But since he has lived for 2.5yrs I guess he is getting enough food.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Great pictures! I have a serpent just like that. Her name is Sally :D. I too feed her every time I feed my anemones.

Tosh_Auer

Man i would be more worried about it coming out and attacking you in your sleep. That thing Is HUGE!!!!! I really dont know anything about them but just wanted to say that is one huge starfish.

Tosh