~September '06 Photo Contest~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:bouncer: It's photo contest time again!!

September's photo contest theme will be
Schooling fish of the same genus! "Schooling" in this contest, refers to a minimum of 2 fish of the same genus swimming together; such as chromis, firefish, yellow tangs, blue tangs, anthia, cardinals, etc, etc.

Winning photo will have their photo paraded on our home page for one month AND will also receive a 20% discount coupon from Coraldynamics!!! :thumbup:

Please review the entry regulations below and GOOD LUCK!!

Rules:
1) One photo per contestant,
2) Photo subject matter must be a "school of fish from the same genus"; A minimum of 2 fish per genus please!

3) Photos that have previously won any other contest are not allowed,
4) Photos MUST be uploaded to this gallery by
midnight (EST) August 31st: September '06 PHOTO CONTEST gallery,
5) A voting poll for all submitted photos will be available September 1st and will remain open through the 8th. The winner will be announced on August 9th.
6) Sorry, no moderators nor administrators allowed to play in this game.

Once you upload your photo into the September '06 PHOTO CONTEST gallery, please post it here in this thread so we can see it!

Karma to all contestants~~ :)

Contestants: Please note that the subject matter should contain at least 2 fish of the same genus!
Thank you~ :)

Good luck! :whstlr:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Well, we did reduce the number of schooling fish from a minimum of 3 to only 2. Hopefully that will allow more participants!

dobejazz

Not the Greatest but it is a pic of more than 1 :)
firefish.jpg

Jendub

this pic I had to dig deep into the photo folder...and I thought the yellow contest was going to be hard.=)

IMGP02620040_.jpg

Last edited:

Vanquish

It's so hard to win the contest here! I've been trying for months!!!! Gonna cheat this time with an entry with 2 schools instead of one!!!

PICT0040.JPG

lcstorc

Just because I am pickky about following rules does it need to be from your tank or just your picture? I took a cool one at an lfs once that I could enter since the only thing I have a "school" of is my chromis. I will try to get them this weekend, but ...

Gina

RS STAFF
I think the photo has to be of your fish in your tank. I'm not 100% sure though so, we'll wait to see what Doni has to say.

Another great pic Vanquish!
Boy! I can see this is going to be another tough one to choose!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
lcstorc said:
Just because I am pickky about following rules does it need to be from your tank or just your picture? I took a cool one at an lfs once that I could enter since the only thing I have a "school" of is my chromis. I will try to get them this weekend, but ...

I think it would be fair to all to only submit photos of our own tanks or at least tanks we used to have.

Awesome photo Vanquish!!

Nice pic Coraldynamics!

Jendub

then I have to add a different pic cause that one was taken in Fiji....urgh....back to the old photo folder.=)

lcstorc

Thanks for the clarification. I kinda thought that, but had such a great pic from an lfs that it was worth asking. :)