Seperating Large Agressive and docile species

bdrogers2000

I am about to purchase a 200 gallon tank, this will be my first foray into the salwater arena.

I am trying to decide on what types of fish that I will want to add in the long run. I orginally wanted a saltwater tank becuase of the clownfish, but after reading a book on tank setup and species selection the author recommended lionfish for a beginer tank and I love that idea too.

I am wondering if I can put some sort of partition on the tank to reserve 40-50 gallons for the smaller more docile fish and allow the larger more agressive variety to roam around the rest.

Of course my concern is that the proximity of the more agressive species will stress the smaller ones, even though they will not come in contact. I just don't know if this idea is even workable, let alone suggested for a beginer to attempt.

Another point in the pro collumn if a partition is feasible is that it will allow me to place anemones in the portion of the tank with the clownfish and still have a wider variety of corals in the larger portion of the tank with the predators.

I am completly crazy and living in a dream world, or is my dream tank possible?