Seio Prop super flow pump

redsea reefer

Has anyone tried the 530 or 1000? any feedback is appreciated...
This is what they look like.

images

I was just looking at buying one of the 530's... I'm also interested to hear if anyone has some experience with these pumps!!

DaveK

I have tried Seio Superflow pumps.

I hated them. They couldn't be used on a wave controller, they were gigantic for the amount of water they moved, and when an impeller broke replacement parts were not available.

I quickly threw them out, rather than inflict them on some other unsuspecting reef keeper. I replaced them with Tunze stream pumps. Yes, the Tunze streams cost about 4 to 5 times as much but have worked on their wave controller flawlessly for years, and replacement parts can be obtained.

I will never purchase another Seio pump.

redsea reefer

I have tried Seio Superflow pumps.

I hated them. They couldn't be used on a wave controller, they were gigantic for the amount of water they moved, and when an impeller broke replacement parts were not available.

I quickly threw them out, rather than inflict them on some other unsuspecting reef keeper. I replaced them with Tunze stream pumps. Yes, the Tunze streams cost about 4 to 5 times as much but have worked on their wave controller flawlessly for years, and replacement parts can be obtained.

I will never purchase another Seio pump.

Thanks for the feed back DaveK, I ended up going with a Koralia 2.

my k3 measures 4x3 body only then another 2 inches for the magnet. the 530 measures 2.3h x 2 w x 3l, i put one of them in a bucket the other day and it flowed so close to the k3's , the 1000's measure 2.6h x 2w x 4 l . so not much size but id say the 1000s flow almost as much as mj1200 with the mod. so it will put tons of flow. with just the 2 1000s my 75 is very happy. i suplement with 2 mj1200s during daytime . all my stuff is so much happiers. id be happy to sell my k3s if that is the way you wanna go. but id suggest the seio's personally. also when in doubt go one step up

TAAM Inc., Aquarium Products. NEW PRODUCT: SEIO PROP

redsea reefer

my k3 measures 4x3 body only then another 2 inches for the magnet. the 530 measures 2.3h x 2 w x 3l, i put one of them in a bucket the other day and it flowed so close to the k3's , the 1000's measure 2.6h x 2w x 4 l . so not much size but id say the 1000s flow almost as much as mj1200 with the mod. so it will put tons of flow. with just the 2 1000s my 75 is very happy. i suplement with 2 mj1200s during daytime . all my stuff is so much happiers. id be happy to sell my k3s if that is the way you wanna go. but id suggest the seio's personally. also when in doubt go one step up

Thanks JKburton but don't want another Koralia, I think the 1000 will be to much for 34g RSM, I might try the 530. Thanks for the review...

yeah the 530s will be good. i have them for my 40 breeder that im adding here in the next month or so.
youll like them. so will your coral.

semigodd154

got a foster and smith catalogue today they have a controller in there for the seio super flow pumps $149 might try 2 of the m2600's and get rid of my korillias

sorry this controller is not for the super prop pumps its for the super flows m1100, m1500, and m2600.

how do you figure you have 70x turnover, im pretty sure you dont have that much. k's are messed up with flow rate. if you had 70x flow you couldnt possibly have anything other than sps and then you would be on the super high end of flow. i have a 75 with a pair of 1000s a pair of mj1200s and a 600 gph return pump. that would mean i have 66x NO way ..... you have like maybe 10 or so

semigodd154

well you tell me the flow i have i have 2 korillia 4's and 2 korillia 1's so whatever the messed up flow rate from those are on a 44gal tank is my turnover no livestock yet havent got my lights thanks

redsea reefer

3200 gph divided by 44g = 72.73

so your turnover is 73X's

You will know if its too much when you add coral and see their reaction to that amount of flow. That is a bit much if its going to be a soft coral tank.

my k3's dont flow much more than a couple hundred. i just dont see how they flow the advertised 850gph, id say that is a BEST case senerio. i would honestly give it about 20-25x i had a 40 with the k3's and it was ok but i also had a sump pump for turnover as well. what you have is more than enough for lps and softies, but if you are gonna do sps id say step up the flow to better units, k's are my favorite by far, i just trashed my k3's for new seio 1000s, and let me tell you there is a huge i mean HUGE difference in the flow. i also have the 530 i am using for the 40 breeder that i am adding in the next month. so with my 500gph turnover for the inlet, 2 530s that would be 1500gph on a 40 breeder. that shows 38x but id say its maybe 20-25 at most. its very hard to get an accurated reading b/c they are fans more than they are power heads. now if you had a mj1200 you oculd measure the flow. do you understand what im getting at. id say ditch the k3's and get some mj's or such. youll be happier and so will your coral. and dont forget good filtration. thats half the battle for water quality... happy reefing

semigodd154

i understand what you mean about the flow because a kor. is more of a sporsadic flow like you said a fan but when you have 2 k4's less than 2 feet apart criss crossing it gets very turbulent i've never been a fan of the kor line and i intend to upgrade to the seio super flows with controller little more money but worth it and cheaper than kor with controller.