Seahorse ID please

Cougra

I was at the LFS watching some seahorses today as was wondering if someone would be able to help me ID them!

Attachments

• DSCF2443.jpg
    DSCF2443.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF2446.jpg
    DSCF2446.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF2447.jpg
    DSCF2447.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF2439.jpg
    DSCF2439.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF2440.jpg
    DSCF2440.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 26

aquaman3680

Looks like Redi's to me! Hardy ponies but their fry do not hitch at birth so they are trougher to raise!

Matt

Cougra

Thanks Aquaman

Lynn, I understand completely. I've been attempting to look through photos, even on seahorse.org and there are some species where I can't see any differences at all personally. And the fact that they come in such varied colours and patterns for the same species doesn't make it any easier!

panmanmatt

I'd have to agree and say reidi. They look healthy, not overly thin like most LFS horses. There are a few species that look similar but have their subtle differences. See if the LFS will tell you where they came from. That will make it easier to ID them.

Like Matt said, they make for a good starter seahorse, but their fry are very difficult to raise even for well expereinced keepers.

aquaman3680

yeah that is true! I used to have 2 females and 5 males... Man we got a ton of babies and out of all of them only one survived past a year... VERY difficult!

Matt