Seahare long survival tips

Basile

[video=youtube;OaTZKVq17AU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTZKVq17AU&index=7&list=PLk_Pw-jAYdFfzK1jNhN7rAilGwHaEzvH5[/video]

This is a report on observations on my seahare for the last 2 months. Specially when it comes to food and survival. Many people have problem keeping them alive for a long time . We hear a lot about disapearence within a few days and so on.

114.jpg

So i hope this helps a few people to keep the little guys because they can be a great help with bad algea bloom and cleaning up the tanks. Plus they're cute in their own way.

113.jpg

First they do very little damages to macro algaes i can tell you that for those who would be affraid to put them in a display refugium i have one with 27 different specimen and he doesn't do any serious damage. Munching on a few but not taking out the whole patch

This my 75 g display starfire refugium

Photo803.jpg

My little guy ;

112.jpg

He mostly eats the hair algaes forming on the macro's and around the tank, but the most important one i discover is that he eats Chaeto's, that mean anybody with that one can keep him alive in his sump when ever he's finished cleaning the main tank of the algae blooms.

109.jpg

When i turned his belly up his inside was full of chaeto wires lol , didn't take that pic sorry, ran out of batteries at that time .

111.jpg

He has never touched gracilarias sp. or any othe juicy algaes i've got either, he goes, for Caulerpas, some of them so that good, it helps with the clearing.

110.jpg

Thats his butt lol they usually evacuate when feeding lol

108.jpg

Hope that helps you to keep yours alive for a long time like mine, none of my algaes have suffered any critical damage he goes from one to the others and i have no more hair algaes or any nuisance ones, because in big display refugium even with lots of flow, dead spots arise and you get those algaes , seahare takes care of that.​