Sea Hare is a serious eating machine.

Reef Ghost

Well my fuge turned into a science experiment of nasty algae's. Hair algae started growing in the main tank and I couldn't find the source of this grief until I realized it was my own fault. I hadn't changed the filters in my RO/DI system and this mess in the fuge slowed the water flow inside it. It would have been an all day project to clean that fuge & sump and who knows how long to battle the hair algae in the main tank.

I bought a small sea hare and let me tell you this is a very serious eating machine. The 30gal fuge & sump were SPOTLESS in 5 days, (sea hare did not touch any chaeto) and now its working around the 90gal main tank. I am amazed every morning to see how much the thing ate during the night. The flow is back to normal in the fuge, chaeto growing again as it was before, and once this hare is done in the main tank back he goes to the LFS to fix someone elses problem. I wouldnt suggest trying to keep one fed, they eat way too much! Let them do their job and pass them on to another reefer.

Bottom line, don't forget about your water filters!

proenca

to be 100% honest, I didnt knew about sea hares before joining this forum.

I told already to my LFS to keep a stock of them for renting .)