Scott's rsm250 updated thread

MatroxD THANK you for your words of advice!
I stopped the GFO until I could better grasp what was going on. When I restarted it, I used 1/2 cup for my 65 gallons in my phosban 150 reactor. Hopefully this pans out better. How frequently would you initially change-out the GFO? Every week? Less/more..?
Truly appreciate your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MatroxD

I stopped the GFO until I could better grasp what was going on. When I restarted it, I used 1/2 cup for my 65 gallons in my phosban 150 reactor. Hopefully this pans out better. How frequently would you initially change-out the GFO? Every week? Less/more..?

Hi Scott..

And no problem.. And to be honest, all you can do is test.. That is the best way to know, simply because it can last a month, it can last two days.. Yes, it's a pain trying to drop them.. But testing and at the same time, watching the system is the true "key to the mint"..

I have found, like tons others, that you can't rely only on test values, once its low.. You have to read the system also.. But initially, it's, test, test, and more test..

Once you begin to see a rise, the gfo is toast.. Trust me, it sounds time consuming, but after a few times, you will get the feel for it, and it only takes a few minutes..

Sent from my SM-N920F using Tapatalk

mtsully71

Hey Scott, hows the tank coming. I am going to piggyback @MatroxD here. I was new to the GFO thing and use a BRS dual reactor. Just giving you a snapshot of what I am doing. I am using only about 1/3 of a cup GFO and 1/3 carbon. This appears to work with about 65-70 gallons total tank volume. My Phosphates are testing around .003-.006 which I am happy with. I change it about every 3 months or initially as Matrox said, when the levels started to rise. Pretty stable now though.

Love the rock work :thumber2:

4fb25a9fce136d00d374a6d6fd120fb3.jpg
e53b6331793ba18ea200d33681d7214e.jpg
a60c5d0ba6290270adf1d15c55ac008d.jpg

Here's how the tank is doing now. GFO working well in phosban reactor, currently in just trying to figure out why my trachyphillia is bleaching. May need less/more direct light? Opinions appreciated. Thanks guys