Scott's humble 55 gallon

mps9506

Scott, I can't believe your tank has only been up for a little more than a year, seems much older... You have to bring some frags to future CCRC meetings. I still have a jug of salt under my couch for ya.
Great job.
And not to pull this off topic, we are lucky to have someone in NC with the wholesale connections that chad at RS has. Doesn't happen much on the east coast.
Mike

Craig Manoukian

Great job and photos Scott! Looks like your live rock really went wild, splitting like crazy and colonizing your tank like mad!;) :columbo:

ScottT1980

Thanks everyone!

I am still not satisfied with the aquascaping. Everything looks a bit too cluttered and I am beginning to think of ways to open it up a bit more. Ah well, there is always something to do....

Mike, I will pick that salt up from you soon enough!

Take er easy
Scott T.

TomV

Wow! That's a LOT of Coralline! It's all over EVERYTHING! How do you do it? What do you maintain your Calc at?

ScottT1980

I try to keep my calcium at 450 and it is really easy to maintain corraline when you have a softy dominated tank. Now that I have reintroduced some SPS, the growth has slowed (which is a good thing). Another things that helped is that I would buy a nice piece of show rock here and there at various LFS and these helped to seed the bulk of my rock.

Because of the way my tank is set up, it really is impossible to scrape the back and sides so I just let it go. Sometimes I will clear out little windows on the sides to get a little peek...

LOL Craig...I am pretty succesful with the LR propagation, mainly because it only requires a bit of plastic and an interest rate...

Thanks again guys
Scott T.

ScottT1980

Hey, thanks again guys!

Nikki, my only real issue has been the xenia, but I pretty much keep it in check. Everything else appears to coexist fairly well. At one point, I did have a sinularia that was affecting and entire corner of the tank but once that was removed, all returned to normal. I now have those two in the center of the tank but they don't seem to be causing any deterimental effects...

Take er easy
Scott T.

ScottT1980

New sump/fuge

Beats the heck out of a 30 tall and gives me a few more gallons. My pumps will certainly thank me (as will my wallet)

ScottT1980

Can anyone see the pics in this thread? Someone inquired about some corals I once had but it appears all the pictures have disappeared...

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Scott I think you need a better reef board to host your pictures. the rag is using you links to advertise,lol

mike