Score!!!

Triggerjay

I just scored two Dolphin Ampmaster external pumps for $30! One is a 2700, and the other is a 3000. The guy I am buying them from had one on his tank, and the other as a spare. He changed to a bigger pump, and had them sitting in the closet. He took them out, plugged them in,... and he says they just made a humming noise, and the motors didnt turn... No biggie for me.. sounds like they are locked up from sitting, have a bad start capacitor, or the motors are just spent... either way,... I have a REAL cheap source for baldor motors,... so worst case scenario, I will have to get a couple cheap motors, and maybe some new seals... but it may be as simple as diss-assembling them and giving them a good cleaning.. So,.... Looks like I have a return pump for Megans 50g tank... and a return pump for my clownfish broodstock system.

Jason

Triggerjay

So, I got the pumps yesterday,... I took one apart at work today... It would just buzz when you plugged it in.. I managed to free everything up.. It was just stuck from calcium buildup. I went ahead and took the rear seal out, and I am going to replace it as soon as it comes in. I figure at this point, I may as well freshen it up.... So,.... One works now for sure.. I am hoping I have the time to tear the other one apart tomorrow..

Jason

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Nice find!

Wow... you're a handy man! And to think I almost threw my mag 9.5 in the trash because of calcium buildup. LMBO!