Scale worm ID?

Rhodes19

Hi All,

I saw this in my tank again but this time I could take a picture of it. I think it is a scale worm but I am not sure. Is it a scale worm? Friend or Foe? Thanks.

worm2.jpg

worm.jpg

reefsmoker

No problem at all, hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm or prove me wrong....either way i hope to help ;)
As for the second part is it safe? let's just say i wouldn't have one in my tank, I've " heard " of them nuking tanks if the die, apparently the can release some pretty potent toxins.

Rhodes19

No problem at all, hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm or prove me wrong....either way i hope to help ;)
As for the second part is it safe? let's just say i wouldn't have one in my tank, I've " heard " of them nuking tanks if the die, apparently the can release some pretty potent toxins.

No nuking in this tank allowed. Its only 29 g.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Jeremy is correct that is 100 % a cucumber. Remember something, cucumbers, like other animals are not born full grown or 1/2 full grown :). They do not emerge from a egg like a chicken which is large we will say but grow from a trochophore larvae, which is not much bigger than a copepod. They then emerge into a baby sea cucumber.

imgres

Rhodes19

Hi Boomer, Thanks. Should I leave him in the tank or should I get rid of him?

Oh, I like your tag line:
"An explosion can be defined as a loud noise, accompanied by the sudden going away of things, from a place where they use to be".

I got to be the cause of a few explosions when I was with a Combat Engineer Battalion when I was in the Army, so many years ago. Can you say Fun!!!? :D