Saying Goodbye to Hollywood

Phreek

In light of recent events I have decided this hobby won't work for me right now. Life has so many different hardships that we never expect,so many lives are torn apart by things beyond our control. I have to step out and refocus, rearrange, and recollect myself. Sort and sift through the wreckage that is my life right now. When I stand I feel 3 inches tall,when I walk I trip and stumble.With nothing to catch me I am not capable of holding myself up. I appreciate all of your help (special thanks to Al,Ben,and Michael) you have all been amazing, and I have learned so much from everyone. I am sorry I didn't get to build my tank and show you all what I am capable of, but sometime I'll be back, once all the pieces are picked up. I enjoyed being a member of this incredible forum, and feel like I knew everyone as if we were friends in person.Enjoy your tanks, enjoy your life.

Out

vdituri

Ebb and flow man.
Ebb and flow.

We will be here when you are flowing again.
The doors always open.
Chair is always reserved.

Sorry to see you go but this wont be a goodbye. Just a see you later. Hope everything turns around and when it does ill be first to subscribe to the secret tank again. Best of luck. Toan

Phreek

I'll log in every now and then,just to see how everyone's doing,but won't be doing much else on here.Thanks for all the support guys.

sambrinar

After all the secrecy with the ping pong ball and all the research you spurred.. your bailing?

Good luck to you and your endevours

Phreek

wish it wasnt this way brenda,I really do,but with my mom passing,my dad getting out of prison,me losing my job, and not to mention the financial trouble i got myself into this just doesnt seem like the right time to do things.Don't get me wrong,I will be back in full force once everything works out.I appreciate everyones help and research,without you all I wouldnt know half the stuff I do.

sambrinar

Wow I sounds like you have made the right choice at the moment. Hang in there, keep your head on straight, and you'll be fine. We'll be here when you get back

Sorry about your mom

Phreek

thanks Brenda, don't be sorry about it,she is in a better place now and is no longer suffering.atleast thats the way I try to look at it.

Jeremy0322

You know we got your back Phreek! Good luck with everything ahead, and im sorry to hear about your mom.

With all that being said, can we atleast know what the ping pong ball thing was all about :eek:verhere: :lol:

Phreek

thanks jeremy and sure you can,the ping pong ball plan was for it to be a sort of check valve.it would be attached to a slide cover which would also be attached to a drain valve.the drain valve would draing into to the sump,if the sump overflowed the ball would float,pulling the cover over the drain and forcing the water to either stop,or diverting its flow to a designated space.still in the planning stages,doing multiple tests and experiments

Reddog170

We will miss you. Sure wish there was more we could do to help you out. Cant wait to see what you come up with when you return to reefing, lke you said you will be back. Best of luck to you and God Bless, Shaun

Sapphire

Sorry to hear about your troubles and wish you all the best.

I hope we see you back here once you're in a better space

rmlevasseur

Ya know Phreek, I give you MUCHO credit for putting your desires on hold while you figure out life and get things straight. In my book that's the definition of a real man (or woman, you get my point). Believe me, if you have a passion for this hobby, it will still be with you in a few years.

I wish you the best. Putting on a brave face in tough times is a real show of character. Keep that attitude in your heart and you will do well. Integrity like that doesn't go unnoticed for long.

Jeremy0322

I would have to agree with rmlevasseur on that, but he worded it better than I could have come up with...haha.

If you need anything you know we are all here for you Phreek. And even if you are temporarily getting out of the hobby there are plenty of people who are tankless around RS and still "hang-out"!

Phreek

rm thanks for the kind words.My passion for this hobby will never go away,no matter what happens in life.Sometimes you just have to know when to take a break. Like I said, I'll still log on sometimes to check in an all,I just won't be doing any planning or research for a little while.I will be receiving my mothers ashes in a week or so and will be spreading them along the coast so she can travel all over the world like she always dreamed of. I want to thank you all so much for supporting me and being so kind in a time like this.Some good news for everyone I spoke with my financial advisor about getting myself back on track, and I also spoke with my boss last week and he is giving me an opportunity to get my job back. It would only be on a temporary basis,just until the end of summer or so,but it would definately help out right now.