Say hello to my little friend!

TomV

Well, I screwed up my spending budget today and had to make a few "adjustments". So, one plan gets altered by the screw up of another.... but anyhoo......

I picked this guy up to replace my getting-ever-more-nippy Yellow Tail Blue Damsel (which is now in the 29.. ;)..)

So, is he an Oscellaris? Or a Percula? I was thinking of naming him Larry... sorta short for Oscellaris.. :)

What do you all think? Oscellaris? Percula? Larry? Bueller?

TomV

I liked the JAWS approach angle that he's doing in this pic, so I thought I would put in on the thread.. :D

TomV

Hmmm.. Ok.. how about this... Oscar-Larry.... LMAO

Sort of a parody of Oscellaris! :D

Montana: Call him Brian! LOL

Craig: Thanks, man! :D

addict

You can tell if it's an ocellaris or percula by looking at the tissue directly surrounding the eye (the 'bulge' the eye is in)... percula's have light colored tissue (like the orange on their body), whereas ocellaris are 'muddier'.
Otherwise you have to count the spines on their dorsal fin... though I'm kinda hazy as to which species has more spines.

HTH.

TomV

Nope. That's the best I could get of him with my webcam. I don't have a digital camera......yet. ;)

He's an Oscellaris, though. He's been Id'd :)

He sure likes to swim against the current of the powerhead! He looks like he's enjoying himself in the nano. :D