salifert calcium test and b ionic

Dakota

Just bought the salifert test for calcium and tested water at 360 ppm. my other cheap test says 450 ppm. I believe the salifert, so i want to add b ionic, but a little confused it says that 1 ml per gallon will bring calcium up 16 ppm . so if my math is right i need 120 ml to bring calcium up to around 400 in my 46 gallon tank this just seems like alot of liquid to dump into tank. can someone say if this is correct or not, thanks in advance

F355GTB

Maximum dosage according to the instructions is no more than 1ml/gal per 24 hrs. So yes you will be adding alot but over a few day span. HTH.

John

BoomerD

Here's a thread on the B-Ionic that Mike (Mojoreef) explains the chemistry involved in pretty easy to understand terms. I've been involved in this hobby in one way or antoher for 30 yrs, and he explained it so simply that I now sort of understand things that always left me scratching my head before. The bucket of Marbles made the most sense. I never realized that all the different elements we dose make up part of the salinity issue. I alwasy thought it was completely different, and that the salinity just measured the salt content.
Now, I have a bit of a better understanding.
Back on thread...Salifert test kits are possibly the best "hobby grade" kits made IMHO. Lamotte kits might be better, but not enough to justify the price.

B-Ionic