sad day

Witfull

i got home tonight and found out my Red Lored Amazon Parrot had died. i have had him since '82 and he was about 5yrs old then. he has healthy and strong. dont know what happened, he was being himself in the morning and when the wife came home he was in the bottom of the cage. no signs of anything wrong. just got in from burying him.

going to take the rest of the night off and get drunk.

love them while you have them, you never know when they will be called home.

ReefLady

Staff member
Awww, Dave - I'm so sorry.

I remember when "Frito" (our Cockatiel) died - no known reason. I came home to him lying in the bottom of the cage - just kinda held him for a few hours, and he passed away laying on me. It wasn't a good night - and I took the next day off.

Kudos to you, my friend, for giving him a happy life for close to a 1/4 century.

ReefLady

Staff member
Damn wit I'm sorry to hear that. Take 1 benadryl and two ibuprofen before bed... does a great job on the headache. ;)

T

Playa

Crap!
I am so sorry to hear that Dave:-( sux big time!

I have a Mexican Redhead Amazon(have it over 5 years and since he was a baby) and it would be a frigging bummer without having his loud mouth around.

Trully sorry to hear Dave and thanx a lot for the PM bro.

Luis

Gina

RS STAFF
Dave,

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your Red Lored. Alot of people don't know just how great a bird can be as a pet. I never really even knew until I started working for an Exotic Vet back in 88.

They make wonderful companions and I am sure you have many wonderful memories.

My condolences to you and your family!

wooddood

the wood dude
sorry to hear dave i know its hard to lose a family member and our pets are just that family member. i'll drink one with ya buddy. good luck.

dave.:(

Jakets

That's horrible Wit, I to have a Parrot and know how much of a part of the family these wonderful birds can be.
I'm truly sorry please pass my best wishes on to your family.

Jason

Witfull

thank you all, it was wierd to wake up to a quieter house today Cocoa was an early riser. squawking and muttering to himself. almost thought i heard "Cocoa good boy" as i walked through the house. last night my Cockatoo was unusually quiet too. she knew what was up.

crown royal helped the night, and i even went to their site and got custom labels for my bottle,,LOL.

once again thank you all.

Dave..AKA not so Witfull.

So sorry to hear Dave. The common thread amongst us all here seems that we are all animal lovers. I also have birds (3) and recently lost 2 dogs. Just take heart in the fact that your guy had close to 25 wonderful years on earth because of you and your wife. Sometimes I take comfort in that. It still hurts. God Bless , Peter

angnak

I am so sorry for your loss. I personally have never had a bird as a pet, but a close friend of mine that I grew up with had 5 different species and they were all wonderful, so I can only imagine what you are going through. Like you said, love them while they are here. I always catch myself starring at my dogs and just thinking that they may only have 5-10 years left. Which may seem like along time really isn't. I could not image my home with out them.
Again I am so sorry. :(

edonatto

i am very sorry fore your loss, i remembered when i was a little kid and my duck died, he had a cage with a little pond, but the guy got his head out of the cage and ended like marie antoinete, so i know what are you going through