Sad Day

Warnberg

Yesterday when I got up I found my spotted mandarin upside down dead... I was afraid this was going to happen, the fish was very fat and healthy but I was taking a major risk with the mandarin and an anemone. It looks like the Mandarin got too close, got stung and struggled to get free, once it got free it was over... I had this female Mandarin for 18 months without issue.

saltwaterfarm

You know, when I lost my Mandarin, my LTA had gone on walkabout and I found the mandarin right underneath it when I went to move it back. I guess that's what happened...

lcstorc

So sorry to hear this. It does make me happy that I gave up on anemones since I have one now.

rDr4g0n

the best way to learn and to further the reefing hobby is the hard way... i just hope we can be sure others learn from our mistakes.

Jorgens

Sorry to hear that....now i fear for mine......!!!!???

I'm not sure whis is harder to take...the loss of a pet? or the $$ it's cost to raise/purchase.....Not like these are hampsters that multiplied or anything...

Best Of Luck....

prow

oh no. that sucks. now you got me worried. i hope my clowns keep the mandi away.

SueT

Oh, I hate to hear that.. these little guys{mandarins} are so hard to keep and having this one for 18 months and to go like that.. So sorry...