S-650 Water Flow Question

bhbbhb

For some reason - on my S-650 it seems that the water is now flowing strong enough to really pull all the floating stuff into the overflow area. Particles just seem to linger rather that rapidly flow into the overflow. I have the Flow valve set where the water comes just up to the "backup over flow".
Anyone have this experience? Any thoughts or suggestions? If I open the flow valve all the way - water seems to move much quicker into the overflow - but of course the overflow makes way too much noise for that.

Thanks
Bruce

Nob35

Some particals will get pumped back into the DT because of the circulation pumps. It takes time but they will go down to the sump. If the problem does not get better with time it may be that more particals are getting into the tank.

Choff

Check your power heads. There is flow control on those and you may have them partially closed.

Also, do you have filter socks on your drain tubes so when they do get sucked down that are not making their way back into the tank?

Lastly, many of us do add another flow pump to the tank. If you are going SPS the flow is on the low side. The MP40 is a popular choice and has variable flow, but there are tons of cheaper options.

...stupid auto correct