RSM C-130

Tharil

Just a quick one. Not sure if this is even possible but I have in my Local fish shop yesterday and noticed some LED bulbs in the form of Florescent tubes. Thought it was a great idea but of course they didn't have the connector to use in my RSM.

Does anyone know if anywhere does do something like that for RSM? Id like to ditch the standard bulbs for LED but I simply cannot afford a full LED system at the moment.

DaveK

These "LED" bulb replacements for aquarium fixtures are kind of limited, and really don't do that much for you, sine you still have all the old electronics in the fixture.

Save your money here, and put it toward a full LED upgrade. Here is an example from Steves LEDs. (offsite) - https://www.stevesleds.com/Red-Sea-Max-130-130D-C130-LED-Upgrade--Plug-and-Play_p_304.html It might take you awhile to save up, but the end result will be many times better.

Tharil

Thanks Dave!

Do you know of any UK stockists at all?

Actually scrap that just seen you are in the US. Ill see what I can save up for. Are they fairly easy to install? I'm not overly god at anything electrical!

DaveK

Installation depends on the upgrade being installed. In the case of Steves LED's, you can download step by step instructions, so it's easy to see if this is something your comfortable installing. However, I do not know what might be required for using this unit in the UK, since voltages in the UK are different.