RSM C-130 and RSM C-250 Water Level

StevieT

RS Sponsor
Need just a little help.

We need to know what your water level height normally runs at in your media basket chamber.

Both C-130 and C-250 levels appreciated. From the bottom of the tank to the top of the water level. Is it under the pump output, over it?

Thank you

Adrienne

My media basket in my C250 tends to float up so the top is out of the water. I don't have any media on the top rack so it doesn't matter much to me.

Pat24601

Need just a little help.

We need to know what your water level height normally runs at in your media basket chamber.

Both C-130 and C-250 levels appreciated. From the bottom of the tank to the top of the water level. Is it under the pump output, over it?

Thank you

I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you want a height in inches or relative to something else. If the latter, I'm not sure what you meant by pump output.

Adrienne

I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you want a height in inches or relative to something else. If the latter, I'm not sure what you meant by pump output.
I took it to mean where is the water level sitting at on the media rack but may have been way out. :)

StevieT

RS Sponsor

Height relative to inches would be ideal.

We need to know where the water level normally runs at in a "live" setup to develop a media basket. We could also go off of relative but an actual measurement if possible is much more appreciated.

Right now we are going with 18" in total height for the C-130. But to position the top shelf correctly an actual water level would be needed.

Pat24601

Height relative to inches would be ideal.

We need to know where the water level normally runs at in a "live" setup to develop a media basket. We could also go off of relative but an actual measurement if possible is much more appreciated.

Right now we are going with 18" in total height for the C-130. But to position the top shelf correctly an actual water level would be needed.

Do you already have the height of each of the shelves in the C-250 media basket or is that important to you? It would be a pain, but I might be able to measure that too sometime.

For now, I'll try to give you:
(1) overall height of the media basket as I measure it. This can be a cross check if you have a C-250 media basket handy to make sure I'm not messing up measurements. :)
(2) Height of the water level on my media basket

Both in inches.

StevieT

RS Sponsor
We have the tanks and everything that comes with them already.

Here lets try this. How high is the water level past the baffle that leads to the pump chamber.

Pat24601

I'm willing to do this, but I accidentally overfilled my tank on my water change yesterday. I need to let my water level evaporate down to its normal levels first. :)

I also need to check my salinity, but that's not your problem....

Pat24601

See if this measure seems right to you.

My water is about 18.5 inches from the bottom in the media rack chamber and about 4.75 inches above baffle that leads to the pump chamber.

I'd say I keep my water slightly high. 1/2 inch higher than "optimal".

Last edited: