RSM and Tunze Nano Wave Box-Help!

boneski

Hi all,

After recieving my new Red Sea Max 130 I thought I would rely on you guys for some advice as my questions have fallen on deaf ears with my dealer after I parted with my cash!

I've been watching the You tube videos for Tunze Nano Wave Boxe, And the temptation was too strong and another £200.00 later I bought one. Now I've spent 7hrs trying to create the wave movement that I've been watching on the vidoes and I give up. Ive tried it all round the tank, moved rock and nothing. The water moves a couple of mm and that wave motion in the tank isnt happening. Is the Wave Box too powerfull for my little tank? And it's so noisy, I can hear it in the next room! Any advice?

Thanks

Boneski

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Boneski,
Yes, the Tunze Wave box is too much for your size tank. I looked into one and consulted Tunze and they told me it was too large.
If your dealer told you it was good he sold you down the river so to speak. Did you get the Nano wave box??? Even the NAno wave box is too big and I think rated at 50 gallons minmum.
Sorry to hear about that.

Linds

Hi
This is really a question of wave dynamics. I also thought about putting a nano wavebox in my RSM.
The problem is that in order to create the wave motion, the tank has to be something other than square otherwise there is literally not enough distance for the wavelength to build and you get a very unsatisfactory rocking motion at each corner of the square tank. I just have a koralia 2 and the in built pumps which creates more than enough motion on the tank

cheers

Linds