RSM 500 noisy main pump

phf

Hi everyone,

My main pump (RSM 500) has been functionning silently for months until I decided to open and clean it. Since then, it is vibrating a lot and generating a strong noise. I dismantled it again 2 or 3 times to check for anything that could cause this but I could not figure out what may be wrong. Has this happened to you ? Any idea to solve this issue ?

David Shaw

It might be vibrating against the glass, try the following:

1) Open the lid to the pump chamber and try moving the noisy pump around, this usually does the trick

2) Put a small piece of foam in-between the pump and the front side of the chamber.

I have used both options when a pump gets noisy and both worked for me, mine went quiet again.

Hope this helps

DaddyTLi

It might be vibrating against the glass, try the following:

1) Open the lid to the pump chamber and try moving the noisy pump around, this usually does the trick

2) Put a small piece of foam in-between the pump and the front side of the chamber.

I have used both options when a pump gets noisy and both worked for me, mine went quiet again.

Hope this helps

I did the same. I noticed the noise the first day. I had to use the foam and moved the pump towards the ATO float side.

Tom