RSM 250 Light controller

Stackhous

I'm pretty new to all this n u ask 5 different people question u get 10 different answers. I'm not sure to stay with they stock lights or go led or buy a chiller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat24601

I'm pretty new to all this n u ask 5 different people question u get 10 different answers. I'm not sure to stay with they stock lights or go led or buy a chiller.

This, btw, is pretty much the hobby. It's not that anyone is wrong, it's that there are lots of different options that totally work and you can be fine doing any of them.

First, I'd do nothing until you are sure you need to. Don't run off and do something just because one of us says to. The temps you are running are a bit high for my comfort zone, but we do have other people that run their temps that high and their tank seems to be fine. So, I wouldn't necessarily rush out to fix this "problem" until you are sure it is a problem. That's my opinion, though. As you noted, others can vary.

LEDS are a "nice to have". They aren't critical at all. I love them, but your opinion may vary. I wouldn't run out and buy them just to solve a temperature problem. I also wouldn't be in a rush to do it. If you are new to the hobby, give it some time and make sure you want to do something before making such a big purchase.

Now, personally, I HATE chillers, but that's me. Many other people here run with a chiller. It's the easier way to get your temp down for sure. It isn't cheap, though and it is a bit noisier.

Personally, I love LEDs. So, the fact that they solved a temperature problem was just a bonus for me. Are you sure you will like LEDs though? Not everyone does. Lighting is one of the more debated topics in the industry (although LEDs seem to be winning the debate...for now).

Bottom line, I wouldn't be in a rush to do ANYTHING. Then, when you do choose to do something, realize that whatever you do is probably a right decision. There isn't a wrong way to go here. People run chillers and T5s and are happy. I run LEDS and no chiller and I'm happy. People run the tank without LEDs or a chiller and are happy. If your tank is thriving, it's all fine. :)

Stackhous

Thanks for ur help I really Appreciate it. We just started the tank a week ago. We have a bio cube with all the upgrades we could do n there's no more room for corals. So we found the Red Sea use n we trying it

DeeOhhSee

study this pic... has helped many...

HoodTimer.jpg
What are the 2 knobs for to the bottom left of this pic, just out of frame?