RSM 250 LED conversion starts tomorrow

starktw

My Steve's LEDs 95 % complete kit arrived today. Loking forward with some minor apprehention to completing the conversion tomorrow, crossing my fingers.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looking forward to watching the build, if you've got any question don't be afraid :) I've got the 95% complete kid for my 130D but still no 130D lol why is it taking red sea so long to get tanks to Aus :(

Lipman

Take lots of pics, this may be my next upgrade and the reason im holding off is because im scared.. lol

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Yes, you need only 4. You need two to hold each of the units in place in the hood.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
One more thing, on the hood, below each of the circles I drew above there is an existing small screw. Remove each of those and the new longs screws should line up and go in to the preexisting screw holes.

One more thing, on the hood, below each of the circles I drew above there is an existing small screw. Remove each of those and the new longs screws should line up and go in to the preexisting screw holes.

Greg how are the lights working so far for you? Everyone keeps upgrading and making me jealous!

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Greg how are the lights working so far for you? Everyone keeps upgrading and making me jealous!

I really like them! I started at 50% power, then a week later went to 60%, now I am at 65% power. I am going up 5% at a time now as I don't want to stress anything. I also love the sunrise and sunset, I think that is just awesome. I also think I am getting better color in my corals already.

All in all I am very happy with the purchase and I'm glad I went with Steve's LEDs.

starktw

Any update??? How did the install go?

Wasn't able to get to it until today. It was a little more challenging then I was expecting. Done though. Didn't take pictures though due to time restraints. Question about the typhoon controler. I currently have it set so a channel comes on every hour starting at 7:30 am and I have each channel set at 25% max power and the dimmer swiches turned to 100%. The lights seem quite a bit dimmer at 25% of power even with the dimmer knobe turned to 100%. Should I have the typhoon channels set at 100% and set the dimmer swiches to about 50%?. Also, should I be using the fade mode instead of having a channel come on every hour in the morning and off every hour in the evening? Are you using the fade?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
The lights seem quite a bit dimmer at 25% of power even with the dimmer knobe turned to 100%. Should I have the typhoon channels set at 100% and set the dimmer swiches to about 50%?. No you should have the dimmer knobs at 100% so you can control your power using the Typhoon. 25% is too low to start. I started out at 50% power the first week and then went up to 60% the next week. Now I am going up 70% but I am going in 5% step increments.

Also, should I be using the fade mode instead of having a channel come on every hour in the morning and off every hour in the evening? Are you using the fade? Yes, I have a one hour fade in the morning and one hour fade in the evening, this is my sunrise and sunset. I have all my channels set exactly the same. Each channel comes on at 1130 in the morning and fades up for one hour. Then at 930 at night each channel fades for one hour to zero power..

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I have the fans set using the timer to come on 1 hour before the LEDs start and shut off one hour after the LEDs turn off.