RSM 250 leaking in left chamber (pump#1)( from tank to chamber)

Danreef

Hi

I will explain an issue I found when testing the tank for leaking, and I hope it is not important.

After filling the full tank with freshwater, I left it for 2 hours. When I return all was OK, no leaking. BUT !!! when I was taking the water from the left chamber (pump #1) I saw a leaking from the main tank body into the left chamber.

This leaking isn't big. How do I noticed it ? Well, you can not empty 100% the main tank by siphoning. Something like a half inch of fresh water was left at the bottom. Then I started to empty the chambers. When the left chamber was empty i noticed that the water level was increasing again. In other words, water was entering again in the chamber. Siphoned out this water and with the flash light I was able to see 2 water streams (water entry) from the main tank to this chamber and I noticed that the half inch of water in the main thank was now significantly lower.

Bottom line, I would like to know if this leaking can be dangerous for the internal structure of the tank and the dynamics of the flow.

I explained all this on this thread, but decided to post this new one with a title that will bring the attention of members hopping to have an answer to this issue. I am ready to fill and set up the tank today Sunday, but now I do not know how to proceed.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...lub/91241-daniels-tank-upgrade-rsm-250-a.html

Thanks for any advice !!!!!!
Daniel

Danreef

UPDATE.......good news :whstlr:.

Today I filled the tank 1/4 with Natural Sea Water (Petco Water) and waited 2 hours. No water passed to the left chamber. Then added sand/ rock and finish filling it up to the holes of the pumps. left it some hours and NO water passed to the left chamber or to the other chambers.

Bottom line, what happened during the night with the leftover freshwater (less than 1/2") in the tank and the seal is unknown but the issue looks like it was not repeating. So I finish assembling the tank. :thumbup:

Cheers
:clink:
Daniel