RS seems to sometimes remove blank lines in posts.

DaveK

Over the last few days, I've noticed that RS deletes blank lines I've place in post to make them more readable. I've been able to fix them sometimes by re-editing the post, but this is something of a pain.

For example, one post I made as this -

My first suggestion, if at all possible, is to get a different tank. That 12" front to back makes a standard 55 almost impossible to aquascape decently. A wider tank such as a 70 gal tank, which has the same frontal area as a 55, but is wider, offers a much better choice. So do several other tank sizes, even if they are smaller.

Most 55 gal tanks today use tempered glass, do don't attempt to drill .

As for filtration systems, my personal choice would be an external overflow, going to a berlin type sump, with a large, powerful skimmer. Optionally a refugium could be added to the setup, but use one that is of reasonable size. Also, optionally, you might want various media reactors for carbon or gfo. With a reef setup, you use live rock for the biological filter media. Keep that in the tank, and out of the sump.

Originally got posted like this -

My first suggestion, if at all possible, is to get a different tank. That 12" front to back makes a standard 55 almost impossible to aquascape decently. A wider tank such as a 70 gal tank, which has the same frontal area as a 55, but is wider, offers a much better choice. So do several other tank sizes, even if they are smaller. Most 55 gal tanks today use tempered glass, do don't attempt to drill . As for filtration systems, my personal choice would be an external overflow, going to a berlin type sump, with a large, powerful skimmer. Optionally a refugium could be added to the setup, but use one that is of reasonable size. Also, optionally, you might want various media reactors for carbon or gfo. With a reef setup, you use live rock for the biological filter media. Keep that in the tank, and out of the sump.

ReefLady

Staff member
Wow, that's news to me! I will certainly look into it.

Thanks for letting me know. That would certainly annoy the heck out of me as well!

T