RS mods, can you change the title of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

new reefer 03

last night i googled and googled yellow tang, yellow tang care. and it seems that 55g is fine for it, also a 75g is still 4 ft long, just an extra 1 or 3 inches wide.

as for the anemone, im going to get a cleaner shrimp tomorrow at my LFS ( anything wrong with it? ) and ill ask about parting with the anemone for a torch or frogspawn :)

chrome91

last night i googled and googled yellow tang, yellow tang care. and it seems that 55g is fine for it

sites say that, but ANYONE can write that stuff on the internet. i could write that stingrays need a 10g. Professional books are better for info. These fish come from a huge ocean, and we take them from their perfect habitat to put them in tanks. IMO we should try to recreate their natural environment, and try to give them a half decent size tank to move in, and a 8"+ yellow tang cant be happy long term in a 55g. a 55g is 12" wide, and a yellow tang is 8" adult. thats only 4" to dart sideways in, in the ocean where the fish previously lived he could move any way and have some room to dart in. thats why im not a fan of 55g, theyre as wide as a 10g.

sambrinar

You are preaching to deaf ears! He has been told this multiple times in several threads, by tons of people

lcstorc

I should change it to "New Reefers 55 gallons of suffering and not taking the advice I get".

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.
Unfortunately, many things in life just have to be learned the hard way.

lcstorc

I keep promising I am going to shut up but I just can't stand it.
I have never read anything including advertisements selling tangs that have recommended anything less than a 75g yet you insist that a 55g is fine. Have you taken math? Do you realise that the 20g difference is more that 1/3 of the volume of the 55 to begin with. So a 55g tank is only 73% as big as a 75.

new reefer 03

actually i have an A+ in math (97).
i dont plan on keping him in the 55 for too long. i plan on searchin craigslist in 6 months or so for a 75-125g aquarium. this is my starter reef tank, when it gets too full i will start looking, i am looking once or twice a week right now.

lcstorc

I really don't see anything positive coming out of this thread at this point so I am going to close it.
The original thread was re-named at the owner's request and I just don't see this going anywhere good.

Status
Not open for further replies.