Rotifers tank set up????????

keithrett

I'm going to set up a 10 gallon tank to grow rotifers soon and I need help determining the equipment I will need. What all do I need (heater, lights, aeration, etc.). What temperature should the water be? what should I keep the specific gravity at? Aeration? (i heard someone say not to use an air stone?) Feeding? (what type of food?/how often?/how much?) how do I harvest the rotifers? How much do I feed my clownfish fry? How do I prevent a Rotifer crash? How do I keep the ammonia levels down?
On a scale of 1-10, how hard is it to grow rotifers?(10 being difficult)
I have been reading articles on the Internet but I can't find the answer to these questions.

Thanks, everyone's input is greatly appreciated.

brucie

im sorry but I am very very new to this hobby and am also interested in breeding. I answered those questions myself in less then 15 minutes by searching and reading. im not tryin to be a jerk, but im just sayin.

keithrett

Thank you for the link, that was a great resource and it answered all my questions. Once again thank you, hope I can raise some clownfish. Any tips for someone who's just starting out?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
You are welcome :)
I suggest you read, read, read... find as many books on rearing marine fish as possible.
Have fun! :thumbup:

brucie

now I really feel like an ass for my response after reading this again. I just wanted to apologize if it seemed that way, I was just in a short tempered mood that day.
sorry keithrett! good luck and have fun!! :)

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
No problem Brucie :)
With reefing, most answers change over time so asking what seems to be an 'old question' may in fact uncover new answers. ;)