Rodi not producing Alot

kragon

I have an rodi unit coralife module 2 it says it produces 50 gpd but for mine it takes about a week to make a hundred gallons. So why would it go that slow and will i need to buy another one.

lcstorc

Have you checked your water pressure? Most require a minimum pressure or you will need a booster pump to raise it.
How old are the membranes? As they get older the water takes more time to go through so old membranes slow things down as well.

You need to check the pressure. Most systems need about 50-60 PSI to function well. The less reputable units (cheaper) advertise 100GPD production, but if you read the fine print, that volume requires 75PSI. Unless you are lucky, residential water pressure is only about 65.

Basile

I have an rodi unit coralife module 2 it says it produces 50 gpd but for mine it takes about a week to make a hundred gallons. So why would it go that slow and will i need to buy another one.

Hi , Sean, i think it Sean correct me if i'm wrong, you wrote me one a PM and you told me your name. Anyway , feeling a bit better?? glad to have you with us still. As for your question , i'll let these guys guide you ; they have more experience. Just droping by to say hello.

pitbullguy

Make sure your restrictor valve is put in right, I had mine in backwards for a while when I changed it and it was not prducing anywhere near what it was supposed to until I fixed it. Just an idea, an inline pressure guage is always a good idea as well.

kragon

well i looked at the prices for a pump and you know what with the sale on rodi units i can get a brand new one with the pump on it already and i guess i could sell my other rodi to a local store plus i get 50 % ground shipping should i do that i have enough money.

pitbullguy

I would do it, then you have all new filters and eveything you need as those booster pumps are expensive and not a whole lot less than new systems.

I would reccomend that you check your water pressure BEFORE you buy a booster. A gage is only a few bucks, and a necessity for an RODI system.

BLAKEJOHN

definatley get the gauge and check your pressure. Mine had only 30psi and it would take a day to make five gallons. I got a booster pump (a good one will run you $120+) and now I get about 70gl per day out of a 50gpd unit at 80psi.