Rock scape that will be most beneficial to my fish?

Talon33

I have a 125 gallon FOWLR. Next weekend my PBT is going into the DT and that will be two tangs and a flame angel. So I have some fish that like to swim. I figured when the PBT goes in my yellow will not like it so I planned on rearranging the scape a bit and was wondering what scape fish which like to swim would like best. I have roughly 125 pounds of LR. Right now I just have the rock running side to side and it stands about 8 inches high. The fish seem to like this scape just fine as there are a lot of places to hide and they can swim through rocks the whole 6 feet. However would it be better to go with maybe the two island scape and have the rock stacked higher with a completely open spot in the middle. Sorry if this is a dumb question I just want to anything extra things that will be better for the fish.

DaveK

It sound like what you have is already good, but there is nothing wrong with changing it to the "teo island" form.

Talon33

Well I do not have much to do on this Sunday so I will see if I can take some! My tank is not super nice or anything just the basic with a couple of 8000k bulbs on it

It doesn't matter if your tank is super nice or not super nice.............it is your tank and as long as you like how it looks and how the fish interact with the scape, that is all that matters.

If you are planning to add coral in the future then don't forget that even the most amazing scape can alter to look average and the average scape can change to look amazing.

Steve L

I had a fowlr tank for years and I found that the best arrangement was separate structures on each end of the tank with some open space in the center. Tangs are notorious for picking on each other and need established territories if they are different types, so give them each one end of the tank with plenty of hiding spots when they feel threatened. I generally used some really big rocks for the base and created some caves, then gradually decreased the rock size as I built up. Rearranging the layout will probably confuse your current tang enough so that it will allow the new one. At least that "usually" works.