RO/DI specials

joe@inreef

Sponsor
Ok, these seem to be the most popular items about now.... So i ordered up a ton of them. So I will offer the 5 stage delux unit, 100 gpd with 2 carbon blocks, sediment and DI filter for 117.99. These are not the cheapo e-bay units, they all have DOW membranes, clear housings and filter replacements for dirt cheap on our website. Shipping is actual UPS ground rates plus 1.50 for packaging. Most times the shipping is 13.00 or less, anywhere in the US. We also offer a full money back offer, if you are not satisfied!!!

Thanks,
Joseph Williams
www.inreef.com

Also, you can use the discount codes on these as well.....
1124 free shipping on orders over 200.00 or
1125 5% off orders over 30.00

Playa

Joe I am interested:)

Do you know if I can conect it to a water supply for our everyday drinking water as well as having it supply water to my reef(auto top off)?

Not sure I phrased this properly, my english stinks.

BoomerD

Playa, your engrish is good enough that I certainly understood your question. A lot will depend on where your waters supply is located as compared to your aquarium. How will you run the supply line from the R>O. unit to the sump? It's also recommended hthat you install a bladder/tank after the r.o unit to prevent the constant cycling on/off of the r.o. unit as your sump level drops. Plus, if you're going to use this for drinking water, you'd need one under the sink so you could get more than a trickle at a time anyway. Don't know if Joe has those available, but I'm sure he will get back into this with some more answers.

Playa

:thumbup:

Thanx a lot Boomer. The water supply(line) is a couple of feet away from the reef tank and about 10 feet of line to the sink. (would just save a lot of money on drinking water:)

joe@inreef

Sponsor
Yes.. I use mine for drinking water also. I usually connect the drinking water line before the DI filter tho. If you need a tank, I can get one for you, or Home Depot and Lowes sells the tanks also. Either way, we can help.

Thanks,
Joseph Williams
www.inreef.com

BoomerD

Joe, do you offer any good deals on the replacement filter cartridges & membranes? I have an old Spectrapure that could use some new parts.

Scooterman

That is awesome Joe, I can't believe how good you are to RS, you have me thinking of getting one and I already have a set up lol! Thanks so much for your support and offers!

RanRoc

Joe's a good guy. He responded promptly to my e-mail inquiries regarding an RO membrane. He had a good price (the lowest I had seen on the net).
-RY

joe@inreef

Sponsor
Also, I have heard some bad feedback on the 100 gpd membranes, so, if you put a note in the comments area, I will gladly install a 75 gpd with 98% rejection rate. BTW, I still use the 100 gpd membrane in my personal unit, and with good filter replacement schedules, I am able to keep my TDS below 10 at all times.

Thanks,
Joseph Williams
www.inreef.com

sorry, havnt been on the board much lately... been so busy with several projects... if you have an important or urgent question, email me at joe@inreef.com I usually try to check the sponsors forum at least every other day tho.

carolina reefer

When I hear RO units I hear about the water that is wasted(?). Can you explain this? Where does one send the wasted water or does all the water go through the membranes and just the impurities get left behind? Sounds like a dumb question, huh?

ScottT1980

I can take this one I think...I have my RO/DI unit plumbed into a sink drain. Therefore, you have two outlets, one of which is waste water (that goes down the drain) and one that is the good water (that goes into my large trash can). I think you average 4 gallons of waste for every 1 gallon of good water.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Awesome customer service and super fast shipping!!! Thanks Joe! :D

...now all i have to do is get my husband to install it ;)

Dracunculus

I'll put in my plug for these units as well. I bought one from Joe and it has been working beautifully. May look into a 75 GPD membrane in the future when I need to replace the 100 (actually replace the replacement, since I already bought a second).

advntrsekrs

You guys say that you average 4 gals of waste for every 1gal that is used correct? Is there a way to set up the unit so as not to "waste" anything? Can the unit be set up in the garage and then put the waste into my washing maching or into a plant watering container? I need a unit but I don't want to watch lots of water go down the drain.

Dracunculus

advntrsekrs:

Lots of people do just what you have suggested...use the "waste" water for other purposes. It all depends what you do with the line for the waste water. Some people just plump it directly into a drain pipe, but then the water goes down the drain. I have mine loose at the moment...mostly keep it in the sink, but if I am going to do laundry soon, I just place it in the washing machine to let it fill. Just make sure to keep tabs on it.....don't want to overflow the washing machine...it would be a real pain to clean up.

Some people divert the line to the garden, or to a larger container for watering plants as well....the water can go anywhere you lead the line to.