Ritteri Amenone and flat tentacles

crass

Hi Guys

I bought a ritteri anemone today and it looks very healthy. After 2 hours its seemed to go flat. But mouth is tight.
I placed it high up in the tank an a flat rock which it attached itself immediately. It has a nice flow from a wavebox and a powerhead on the far side of the tank that I use to break surface tension. As for light its just off the side of mt 250w MH not directly under it. I also made sure there arent any other corals around him for atleast 4 inches. Lastly I drip aclimatised him for 1 hour. Tank has been running for 3 years, so mature.

Water parameters are (salifert Kits)
Temp 27c
SG 1.026
PH 8.3
KH 8.3
MG 1280
Ca 380
Phos undetect
Nitrate 0,1

I just want to make sure Im doing it all correct, dont need to place it under anymore stress.

Many thanks

Dean

forestal

I would guess stress is the biggest issue and giving it some time to acclimitize it will be ok. I don't have exp. with this type, but any I have added tend to shrink up and wander the first few days. Only other thought would be what was lighting from the tank it came from and maybe raise your lights or dim the first few days to help it adjust. the fact it is attached is a good sign.

crass

Hi Dan
Thanks for the assurance...this morining he looks awesome!
I spoke to the guy at the LFS he says anemones hold a lot of water, so he is most likely purging water and will be doing this until his internal water chemistry matches that of the tank. So I should expect this happening over the next few days. He did mention that my lighting is twice as strong as the tank he came from so I should only run T5s for the first 2 days then start with the MH for 4 hours and increasing them up every 2 days.

Thanks
Dean

crass

Just a final update.....

After 2 days the anemone was looking very well settled, so I fed it some silverside and it ate it immediately. I also introduced my clowns back in the tank a day after that. It hasnt moved and is loving its spot in the waveflow and close to my light.

anem_zps62d28218.jpg

bjledbetter

For what its worth, silversides have been known to kill anemones the bones get stuck in them and puncture them. Plus a whole silverside is way to big. I recommend krill. As to the inflate/deflate thing mine did it for about 3 days and hasnt done it but once sense and that was after a large water change. I've had mine for four months.

crass

thanks for the advice! I never knew that

It was a quarter of a silverside , I usually feed my nems bite size chunks of raw tiger prawn is this also wrong?
I will go buy krill today.... any other advice is greatly recieved.
Thanks

Dean

forestal

I always loved PE mysis, bigger, and I would soak them in vitachem and a little cyclopeeze, leftovers good for fish and corals