Rio Aqua pumps Vs. Mag Drive Pump

Rio water Return pump, or mag drive rreturn pump, or OTHER?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

new reefer 03

Mag Drive Pumps

VS

Aquarium Water Current: Rio Plus Aqua Water Pumps

in the mag drive, im looking at the 9.5, in the rio im lokin at the 3100+. what would you recommend?

im looking into setting up a sump/fuge, dont hold me to that. im just pricing it out right now. is there a spectacular water pump you would recommend?
i think internal is better then inline for my space needs, unless i cut a cmall hole in my tank "divider".

:whstlr: im sick of that ugly emperor400, and S.S.125 in my tank! the super skimmer need to relocate under the tank, and the emperor needs to meet my trash can. dont hold me to buying one, im just comparing, and pricing right now..:fingerx: :whstlr:

Edit: Dont Watts play into the game of temperature? my temp after light have been on 4 hrs is 82.

faust

i don't know about rio's but i have 2, of the 9.5. one for the return and the other running the vs2-24. tank temp did go up 2 degrees. never have had a problem. even with the one falling off the roof of the car at 20 mph. lol

wooddood

the wood dude
look into the rio hyper flo models i've had good luck with them. the other rio pumps sometimes are hard to get restarted after cleaning them. the hyper flo models are cheaper then the mag drive pumps also.

good luck to you.

dave.:cool:

new reefer 03

oh its a skimmer? ive never heard of it.

look into the rio hyper flo models i've had good luck with them. the other rio pumps sometimes are hard to get restarted after cleaning them. the hyper flo models are cheaper then the mag drive pumps also.

good luck to you.

dave.:cool:

alrighty :)
i dont care about the price, aslong as its resonable. my concern with the mag drives is they put out alot of watts, and i thought that put out heat?

chrome91

i voted for mag drives, rios are kinda meh, i had some problems on mine when i used my coralife super skimmer but alot of people have bad problems with rios. mine was sensitive to debris

if you want a good pump i would look into the lifegard pumps, i have 2 1200's, one as my sumps return and the other driving my current usa fission skimmer, quiet and have never had problems with them

chrome91

Octoman

Cole, have you already got an overflow box? You will need that as well...

+1 for the quiet one pumps.

new reefer 03

oh, whats a good GPH for my 55? dont you also have to factor in like how it has to bring the water 5 feetish back up to my tank?

also lets GET SOME MORE VOTES / OPINIONS@ ! ! :)

prow

other for me. i like external, but for submersible i have to go with either ehiem or sedra. both are quiet and last forever. the sedra's have real good head pressure curve's better. for smaller pumps i go with ehiem larger pumps sedra...